Thursday 16 January 2014

The big cauliflower rice experiment, and some rabbits

This is a picture of some baby bootees I knitted for a friend - pretty cute but really tricky to knit! Anyway, cauliflower rice.....I've seen this mentioned a few times now online so thought I'd give it a go. In theory you blitz cauliflower in a food processor and steam it in the microwave for a few minutes to make a low calorie alternative to rice. I have to agree with hubby's opinion that it was more like couscous, but we both quite like couscous so that's no bad thing! It went fine with the hairy bikers paprika chicken that I made from a packet tonight. It wasn't bad for a ready made sauce, but the 'proper' version I made from their recipe book was much nicer, if I do say so myself! Having said that, lots of people don't cook from scratch for whatever reason so good for them for trying to cater to that market with something vaguely healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment