Wednesday 19 February 2014

Nostalgia

We had pan haggerty for tea tonight
As an ex pat Geordie I could say it has many fond childhood memories attached to it, but I honestly don't think we ever had it growing up - it was jolly good anyway! No, the thing that's really making me reminisce isn't food related at all. I've been watching the folk awards on the BBC red button, and the winner of folk singer of the year credited the Folkworks summer school with getting her started. Admittedly a fair few years after I went to summer school, but fond memories all the same. The English folk world really is like a big family when you see them all filling the Albert Hall. Peggy Seeger really is a remarkable woman too. I don't know how old she is but she really knows how to hold a crowd in the palm of her hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment