Sunday 8 January 2017

Hello old friend

Hmm, it's been a long time since I've updated this blog, but as it's still here I might as well take a duster to the old place and give it a new name rather than starting a whole new one! As per title it'll mainly be about the unholy trinity of beer, cake and cycling. Well, not just cake - any cafe visit will qualify, but let's face it, that will usually involve at the very least a scone!
I haven't been out on the bike since we got back from York on Monday, but I did have the last (probably) of the Christmas themed beers on Friday night, Northern Monk's Festive Star, a seasonal version of their Northern Star Mocha porter with the addition of cinnamon and nutmeg. This was my first beer on our Leeds festive beer crawl and it was so nice I had to buy a can to bring home. If you're  in Leeds I'd recommend crossing the river to the Holbeck Urban Village. Northern Monk are based in the Old Flax Store - just one of several old industrial buildings that have been converted in what seems a pretty extensive regeneration project.



Look at that glorious sky - I was lucky to get that photo as the fog rolled in not too much later!