Sunday 23 March 2014

Been a while!

Not sure where the last couple of weeks have gone! I managed a week of cycling to work for 3 out of 5 days but last week was really pretty windy so I opted for walking/bussing it instead. This week looks cold and windy again but I think I'm just going to have to 'man up' and cycle anyway. I planned on cycling by default by the end of March to make sure I was on track for the Coast to Coast so I need to crack on really. The poor old allotment is suffering neglect so far this year, but I did clear out some rubbish for the tip today. I just need to figure out how to put up new shelves in the greenhouse to replace the rotten ones I pulled out.
I went out for tea on Friday with friends from work, for Italian at Visocchis in Broughty Ferry.  I've only ever had ice cream or cake there so it was good to get to try their pasta. I had spaghetti vongole, which is probably a reasonably healthy choice if you don't follow it up with tartuffo limoncello! Saturday's weigh in showed a 200g gain, but after someone pointed out how bloating pasta is I weighed in again this morning and actually had managed a 500g loss across the week so I'm still on target to lose 5kg over my 12 week plan. Also worth remembering to avoid big plates of pasta if you're planning on wearing tight fitting clothes the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment