Sunday 5 March 2017

Spring is in the air

Since I last posted here I've joined the new cycling club set up by some of my colleagues who'll be tackling the North Coast 500 later this year. They've been on some serious training rides but have also decided to organise some more leisurely rides to try and encourage other people to take up cycling. Today was the first of these - a gentle 14 mile ride around North Fife. The starting point was the Tay bridge car park, so as that's only 4.5 miles away we opted to ride from home. Cycling south across the bridge can be a bit of a drag if it's windy but luckily it was pretty still today - the river was like plate glass actually. I'd given myself plenty of time to get there so I had time to stop and take a picture of the V&A museum, which is finally starting to look like a building, though it's still a long way from being finished.


We had a decent sized group , and Ian did a great job of keeping us together. I've cycled the first part of the route before, but the stretch from Wormit to Tayport was new to me, though I may well ride it again as it's a nice flat route, with only one slightly scary right turn at St Michaels. As you can see, a decent day for a ride, considering we're only just into March.


Hopefully we'll get some more rides like this as the year goes on, and maybe even persuade some more people to join us!


No comments:

Post a Comment